Trail Ride Packages
All of our horse rentals/trail rides include instruction and your instructor is with you the entire time. Let us make your equine experience special for you and please ask us if you have a request that you do not see described in our website.
Dream Ridge Stables is here to offer a fun, safe and informational equine experience for everyone.
We offer two indoor riding arenas, outdoor riding and fantastic trails.
Riders must be a minimum of 6 yrs old for the trail ride option. ( lessons begin at 3yrs old)
250 lbs maximum weight limit
All rides/lessons and tours are scheduled by appointment only.
Please call 503-631-8466 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Family & Friend Trail Ride Lesson Package:
2 hr minimum $150 per rider or 2 1/2 hours $200
These trail ride packages allow you to have so much more than the average trail ride experience. You will be able to participate in the grooming and saddling of the horse. You will learn how to safely communicate with your horse from the ground and from the saddle and leave with a new found confidence around horses! You also get your own private instructor(s) to ensure a safe and fun ride!
We never group you together with others. 1 - 4 riders in your private group
Minimum age of 6yrs for trail rides ( if you would like this package and to incude a rider younger than 6yrs old then we will play in the fields or arena instead of going out on the trails )
All skill levels are welcome!
Your trail ride package includes:
* When you arrive you will get to meet your horse and participate with the grooming. During this time your bond and understanding of your horse will begin.
* Saddle fitting along with an intro lesson as to how to effectively communicate with your horse from the saddle. ( body position, leg pressure, reins, safety, etc )
* We encourage you to participate with the saddling of the horse and bridling
* We have riding boots for most sizes and helmets for all!
* Learn how to lead your horse safely and now you will lead your own horse to our large indoor riding arena
* Now the riding will begin! During this time you will be learning how to effectively yet kindly ask you horse to stop, walk, back up, steer you horse around barrels, poles, over logs and even play horse soccer!
* After you are comfortable with your horse then your instructor will get on their horse and everyone will ride to the outdoor play field to enjoy some outdoor riding along with some further instruction for the trail ride portion of the ride.
* Out to the forest we go! Our trails are located in a beautiful forest laced with some huge old growth trees & views of the viola valley and the lower cascades. Your instructor (s) will be with you the entire time to ensure that you have a safe, fun and educational ride!
* When we return from the forest trail ride then you will have some more riding time back at Dream Ridge Stables; where you can choose to either go back to the arena or enjoy more outdoor field riding. Great time for photos also!
* If you wish to learn something else about horses or riding skills during your reservation then please just ask! If you have previous experience and wish to trot or canter then please relay this to us when you make your reservation so your instructor can talk with you about this option and your experience!
Then it is time to dismount and walk back to the barn. Here you can participate in the unsaddling, grooming and feeding some treats to new equine friend!
email : email@example.com ( preferred ) or phone 503-631-8466
With your reservation we request the following info on each rider:
Prior to your arrival we request some basic information which includes the number of riders, their ages, approx. height and weight and a brief description of any previous riding experience and any previous traumatic experiences around large animals. This information helps us select the correct horses and saddles for each riders skill level.
contact phone number for the reservation.
Please give us an idea as to what date(s) would work best for you and the time you prefer to begin.
Payment upon arrival: cash or check ( we do not accept credit cards )
Trail rides are weather permitting.